Friday, July 24, 2009

Rush jobs...

Hey Everyone! Sorry for the lack of posts lately- We've had a few conventions to attend and a big project for DC we're working on which has taken up most of my time, but I did want to write and tell you about 3 very cool things going on:

The first was a workshop held at the Art Institute here in Jacksonville about comic art. I went in a did a li'l presentation about the process of producing a comic, as well as getting into the importance of storytelling and leading the eye around the page. The students had a good time and I had a blast doing it so hopefully it will lead to doing it again, or maybe an expanded version where we can get into the meat and potatoes of actually producing a comic.

The second is a friend of mine, Paul Monsky, publisher of VaVaVaVoom, emailed and asked if I could do a 16 page story for him. The catch: The first 9 pages need to be done by the end of the month. 9 pages in 11 days, which is more then I had ever done before... The cool thing is I've got 4 pages done already, including finishing 2 from start to finish in one day, and I've never had more fun working!!! It's amazing what you can do when you NEED to do it- I'm so jazzed about this that I am going to try and keep up this pace with Perfect Storm and my other projects once this one is complete.

Here's a little preview:



Lastly, the 4th issue of our book, Unleashed, is complete and off to the printer!!! We will be debuting it at Mini-MegaCon this August in Orlando so if your near by come to the show and check it out! Here's the cover, done by Matthew Kirkland:


As always I want to thank everyone for checking out the blog and the site, www.perfectstormpublishing.com I promise more updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment