Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Small victories...

So, today I told someone I have Tourettes. Now I don't know if it's exactly "true", but I'll let you in on a li'l secret: I often think some awful, awful stuff. Sure sometime's it's funny, like the other day when this old guy came into work and was bitching about lithium batteries and said "I'm 80 years old son, I don't care about the environment", to which I replied "You should, your gonna be part of it soon". Now any sane person would have processed that before letting it fly... Luckily the guy was cool and laughed, but it easily could have gone the other way...

Most of the time I don't say it, but I'm always afraid I will slip and wind up loosing my job or friends or a tooth in a fight... So today I took the bull by the horns and just called my asininity Tourettes on the off chance I do say something completely off the wall and/or racist- Can't fire someone for their handicap I figure. Plus like I said it doesn't slip often, but as I get older and give less of a crap people will just think "oh, his Tourettes is getting worse" and feel sorry for me- Again instead or just realizing I am truly, deep down, just an asshole.

But all that said, I am kinda proud of myself for today because a guy came into work who looked just like George Lucas- He even had one of those "I don't have a chin so I am gonna arbitrary end my beard here" beards like Mr. American Graffiti, and I totally resisted the urge to just follow him around and ask a bunch of annoying Star Wars questions.

I really, really wanted to- But I didn't.

Small victories my friends, small victories- In the overall defeat that is my life ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment