Monday, January 16, 2012

Jay Scott Pike

So the last post was all negative and whatnot so I figured I should even things out with something more gooder. See, I am thinking of you poor people who out of kindness or boredom are coming to read this blog here...

A couple weeks ago I was lucky enough to have lunch with Jay Scott Pike- Creator of the DC (Yup, still about DC) character Dolphin, Playboy illustrator, artist of numerous advertising campaigns and magazines covers, and many, many romance comic stories. Mr. Pike was nice enough to not only show me around a gallery featuring his work (The show was called "Scott Pike and his friends") but also around his home and studio- Both of which were covered wall to wall with his paintings and were so inspiring that as soon as I got home I decided to start painting again.

Again being a relative term since I've only done a handful of paintings, and that was a long, long time ago...

But yes, rather then following up my negative post with more negativity I'm gonna post a few of Mr. Pike's pieces so you'll get something good out of coming here!!!


1 comment: