Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Lightning round!

Well hello all-  It's been a while since I posted anything so I thought I might as well do a "lightning round" of updates...

Saw Avengers:  Amazing!

Got tickets for midnight showing of Batman in IMAX

Picked up new inking assignment for my buddy Mike at New Legend Productions


Finished a couple paintings



Finally finished my Liberty Girl story for Heroic Publishing



Johan Santana threw the Mets first no-hitter in their 50 year history, then (I think it was) the following night R.A. Dickey almost threw the second...

Pirates are doing well as well!!!

Might have to start watching college football:  Always said I could not get behind a sport where there is no real champion and as of 2015 they will finally have a playoff so that's one less excuse.  The other major hurdle:  The damn bands!  I can't stand listening to the bands during the game!!!  Same reason I never watched basketball-  Damn squeaky shoes.  Nails on a chalkboard to me.  But yeah, so in the meantime I have 2 years to be wooed to a team...  If you would like my support then I am not above bribes...

Let's see, what else...  Still not a fan of the new direction of DC and am really glad to see people are not fans of the new Watchmen books either.  I also just read Dave Gibbons Watching the Watchmen book and am again kicking myself for some really stupid decisions, but that's par for the course for me and my decision-making...  That's why lately I have been leaving my decisions up to a committee of much smarter people then me!!!  

Speaking of DC and their new direction, picked up Superman Vs. The Elite and was reminded of something Dickie had said a long time ago:  The Superman they publish is not the Superman they license, which means the Superman that I want stories from does still exist, just not in (new) comics.  So yeah, I enjoyed it and am very much looking forward to picking up some more of the other DC animated movies!  I think Batman: Year One is next...

Also, good job with the logo...  Who the hell looks at a pealing banana and says "Hey, I've got the read Batman"???  Jesus-  I heard a lot of complaints when they switched to the swoosh but I kinda liked it, and now it seems like they had the friggin' Sistine Chapel in the corner by comparison!!!

Wow, 2 religious references in one paragraph...  Might have to edit that...

And speaking of DC making a deal with the devil:  Daughtry???  REALLY???  Anyone who knows me knows of my extreme hatred for that shitbag and that's who they choose to partner up with?!?!  I don't care if it's for a good cause-  I don't even care if it's "Let's partner up with this jerkoff to raise a million dollars for Rob", which I think could be the greatest cause of all (Only surpassed by the "Let's raise 2 million dollars for Rob" initiative), I couldn't show up to accept that giant check!  

Might send someone in my place though...  

Alright, running out of steam here...  If I think of anything else, well, I'll do another post!





No comments:

Post a Comment