Monday, March 12, 2012

Game Change

I got some positive feedback on my version of a movie review so I figured why the hell not do another...

This time on the HBO movie Game Change, starring the always hot Julianne Moore and the not quite as hot Ed Harris. It's my opinion, you ladies out there (Or dudes, I don't judge) are free to think different...

Anywho, back to the hotness. Julianne Moore was great in this! She kept her ridiculous accent through the whole thing unlike a previous crush, Jodie Foster, in The Silence of the Lambs... I know she won an oscar for it but watch it now that some time has passed... She goes from accent to no accent from scene to scene. Which pains me to say cause like I said, huge crush back in her "less butch" days... How does that relate to Game Change? It really doesn't, other then that Julianne Moore played Clarice Starling in the second movie...

But yeah, Game Change is great- From what I've seen Moore and Harris have been getting the bulk of the credit for the movie being as good as it was, but really the guy from Kingpin does the best job out of all of them- I truly thought he still had two hands throughout the whole movie. Or maybe that's credit to the special effects team... Either way, he did a great job. As did Jamey Sheridan, who grew a goatee for the movie (Shows commitment), and his Chicago Hope buddy Peter MacNicol. I must admit though as soon as he came on the screen I had to yell out "He is VVVeeeeeegggggggoooo! He's dripping withs goo..." despite the fact that it was almost 2 in the morning and people in the surrounding homes needed to sleep...

And for all you people out there who thought "why the hell did they pick her to run with him?", well you now have your answer- They had no idea what they were getting either. And by the time Kingpin finally realized he had Munson-ed himself again with the hot ol' moose-killer it was too late.

My theory, not that anyone really wants to hear it, was that the Republicans knew they weren't going to win from jump since Governor Bush screwed up so badly in office (Thanks again, BTW, for the soon to be $5 a gallon ass-reaming... Really? A dollar every summer?!?! Hope all those good old boys you were protecting are giving you some sort of kickback...), so they let McCain run. I think Senator McCain is genuinely a decent man who would have done a decent enough job, but they felt they owed him one so they let him run, much like when Dole finally got a shot in '98 when he had no chance of beating a President who actually knew how to run a country. And since they were throwing in the towel already why not throw the chicks a bone and try to win a couple of them over after that talking muppet Cankles MeGee got blown out of the water by Obama so they could count on them when they actually stood a chance sometime in the future...

But back to my take on the movie, and by extent my take on Palin. At first she comes across as just naive, but as you go along and find out more you see she's actually extremely manipulative. If you read between the lines you can see it coming, but there is one scene, one line, that just cements it for you... No, I won't tell you what it is or where it happens, but it's in there... Actually, I guess I shouldn't have said any of that if you wanted there to be some sort of "twist", even though we all know how it ended. But I will say that Kingpin's reaction is awesome and sells it perfectly, and by the end of the movie her true nature and motivation is crystal clear and front and center.

If you go into this movie as a Republican I am sure you will see it as an attack or a manipulation or liberal bias, and if you go into it as a Democrat you'll have two or three "Ah-HA! See? SEE???" moments, but going into it as neutrally as I could (I am a registered independent so I have no dog in this race) I came away thinking the same thing about her as I did going in-

Man, did we dodge a bullet.

1 comment: