Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Rocketeer

I've been working on a couple projects at once as well as working a day job so "free time" is kinda hard to come by. In cases like that you have to make your own free time- Ya just need it so you don't get burnt out. Most people have hobbies that aren't related to their work so they can fully "get away": Sports, video games, drinking, ect... But my only real hobby is also part of what I do for work: drawing.

The other day I did take some time away from my usual crap to help a friend with a project of hers- My friend Megan needed some photos taken for her portfolio so her, her boyfriend (Who's also one of my best friends), and I went out to take some pics. We drove around, found some interesting backgrounds, and set up a few shots. While doing this I asked them to pose for a shot I had in mind for a Rocketeer pin-up and gave them a vague description of what I was thinking...

They knocked it out of the park!

I got home and started working on this piece- Here is the linework and the flat colors. As I work on it more I'll post more of the WIP too...

No comments:

Post a Comment